Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 2 - Northwest Harvest

This was the second day of my first mission! Yay for being positive and happy. I love the feeling of helping people. Today, my site was the Seventh Day Adventist Church. One half of the group was bagging beans and sorting clothes while my group did a bit of weeding out in the back. To tell the truth, the weather was rather enjoyable. It was a little cloudy and there was a breeze; it was still warm and sunny though. My group cleared a really nice area but were pricked and poked in the process due to many thistle plants.
It felt nice to do something good for the church. During the weeding process I kept wondering what I would be doing at home if I hadn't been here on mission in Yakima. Every time the answer came back to me as "I would be on the couch watching tv." I am really happy I came on mission and can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings!
*Though as a confession I have to say, missing the opening of THE BEST FAST FOOD CHAIN IN THE WORLD (Jollibee) will be sad, but when I get back I will be first in line!*


Kris C.

No comments:

About Us

Renton, Washington, United States