I am working at Northwest Harvest this week and the food banks that they support. They buy food from farmers or companies donate in order to distrubute it to the local food banks. I help sort this food and package it so that it can be transported. It is very tedious and boring but it has to be done sometime and volunteers are often the ones who end up doing the work. There are also foster kids who are in this program where they learn job skills and do community service that are helping us sort. They are just like normal kids, who might have problems in their life but they do not seem to care. Matthew, an autistic adult, comes twice a week and helps too. He is very good at dancing and is on a team. At the food bank there were a lot of people who need the food. Sometimes they would try to take more than what they were allowed but we had to make sure there was enough for everyone. The food we helped distubute was the same food we helped sort at NWH, which was very gratifying. At the school I have made a lot of friends from other places. Overall, there have been a lot of people that have touched my life this week.
- Pat and Megan
- Thursday 7/22- Ramp Building
- Thursday at Mission
- Wednesday at Mission
- Mission So Far...
- Mission 2010
- Northwest Harvest, Thursday
- Northwest Harvest - Nathan
- Thursday 7/22- North West Harvest Briana Jackson
- Bagging Cornmeal at Northwest harvest: when all ...
- Wednesday 7/21 Yakima Reservation
- Day 2 - Northwest Harvest
- Northwest Harvest, Tuesday
- Monday 7/19
- Welcome to Mission
- Team Two Departs for Yakima
- Friday July 16, 2010 Yakima Mission
- Thursday 7/15/2010 Yakima Mission
- Wednesday July 14, 2010 Yakima Mission
- Tuesday, July 13, 2010
- 2010 Yakima Mission
- Mission to Yakima 2010 Begins!
- ▼ July (22)